Dental Veneers, also known as Porcelain Veneers or Dental Porcelain Laminates are wafer-thin custom-made laminates that are designed to cover the front surface of a tooth in order to improve its appearance.
Dental Veneers can be made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. These laminates are customized in terms of color, shape, size and length, and are then bonded into the front of the tooth.
Veneers are used to improve the aesthetics of teeth that are discolored, worn down, chipped, broken, misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped.
• Natural tooth appearance
• Tolerated well by gum tissue
• Stain resistant
• They make teeth appear whiter
• The process is not reversible
• Not reparable if they chip or crack
• Teeth may become more sensitive
• Cannot be altered once in place
• Not advisable for people who clench or grind their teeth